Ben Player trip at Kingfisher Mentawai
Come join 3 x World Champ Ben Player for 11 days in the Mentawais. Kingfisher is paradise for bodyboarders. It has world class slabs on offer, great fishing and is the only camp at Lances Left giving you exclusivity and the true Mentawai experience. This is a one of a kind trip, specially hosted by Ben Player!
- Only 4 spots available
- Surf and explore tropical islands with Ben
- Receive expert surfing tips from a professional
- Date: 16 July - 27 July, 2017
- Trip cost: $ 2440 USD
- Package includes: Accommodation in beach bungalows, equipped with A/C, mini-bar, wifi, docking station. 3 meals a day and all snacks. Daily speedboat on standby to take you to all local waves and beaches. Return boat transfers from Padang to Kingfisher Resort.
We will take care of all travel arrangements from Padang (PNG) onwards, where the guest will be met by our ground staff. The guests will need to arrange their own flights to Padang (PNG). There are daily flights from Kuala Lumpur (KUL) and Jakarta (CGK) to Padang. Please refer to our trip section for more info.
- Return transfers from Padang airport to Kingfisher Surf Resort
- Return boat transfers from Padang to Kingfisher Resort
- 11 days Accommodation in beach bungalows
- Bungalows are equipped with Air-conditioning, mini-bar, wifi, Ipod docking station
- 3 meals a day, all snacks, drinking water and coffee/tea
- Daily speedboat on standby to take the guests to all local waves and beaches
- Use of resort scooters to go exploring
- Jungle treks
- Visiting secluded lakes and amazing small islands
- Use of resort snorkeling and fishing gear
- Use of all resort amenities
- Pool table
- Ping Pong Table
Waves at and near Kingfisher Mentawai:
We have a massive variety of waves. During your stay you can expect to surf perfect reefs, heavy slabs and fun point breaks. Your bungalow over looks the perfect Lances Left. A long left that has several take of spots. You can either surf further up the reef where it barrels, or on the shoulder that allows you to get in easy and offers long rides. For the chargers Lances Right is just around the corner by boat. A picture perfect right hand barrel and one of the best waves in the whole of Indonesia. Just across the channel from the resort is Bintangs. A super fun right hand slab offering perfect barrels and great sections to flip out of. There are over 15 waves in our area that we surf regularly. Having 10 years experience in our area, we know of several secret spots to sneak off to so that we can surf alone with just our friends. The secret spots range from long right hand points, beach breaks and heavy barreling slabs.
What to read & do if you wish to join us:
1. Guests will need to arrange their own flights to Padang (PNG). There are daily flights from Kuala Lumpur (KUL) and Jakarta (CGK) to Padang.
2. Please refer to "getting-there" section for more information
3. Book flights to arrive in Padang (PNG) airport by Tuesday 15 July. Return flights should be booked departing Padang on the Friday, 28 July.
Reason for the over night stay is due to the ferry from Padang to the Mentawai - the ferry leaves from Padang departs only at 7AM and there are usually not many connecting flights before the ferry departure time in the early morning. The returning direct speedboat on the 27th of July arrives at Padang at 5 pm, and to ensure no flights are missed we recommend spending a night in Padang and flying back the next day.
4. Please read exclusions and inclusions to understand how much you need to budget for your holiday. Including surf travel specific insurance to consider as per terms and conditions under Kingfisher Mentawai Surf Resort.
NOT INCLUDED IN PACKAGE
- Hotel in Padang (20 USD a night)
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Mentawai government tax (70 USD paid on arrival)
AVAILABLE AT EXTRA COST:
- Thai yoga massage
- Yoga lessons
- Wood carving lessons
- Alcoholic drinks and soft drinks
5. Once you are ready, please book the flights and send us a copy of your flight details to help our ground staff with picking you up from Padang airport.
HOW DO WE GET THERE?
All trips to the Mentawais start and end in Padang (PDG). The guests will need to arrive in Padang on the 15th of July. At the airport they will be picked up by our travel manager, Yeni. From the airport the guests will be taken to their over-night hotel in Padang. The next morning, 16th of July, the guests will be picked up by Yeni at their hotel and taken to the direct speedboat. The speedboat departs at 7 am on the morning of the 16th and will be our way of transport out to the Mentawai islands. It takes about 3 hours for the speedboat to reach Kingfisher Resort.
Transfers back from Kingfisher on the 16th of July are the same. The guests will have an over night stay in Padang, and fly back home on the 27th of July.
DO I NEED A VISA FOR INDONESIA?
No, a free 30-day visa is issued once you enter Indonesia
DO I NEED TO BRING EXTRA SPENDING MONEY?
Yes this is highly recommended. You will need money for the hotel in Padang, if you want to buy souvenirs or buy extra drinks at the bar.
CAN I DRAW MONEY IN THE MENTAWAIS?
No, so it is best to exchange or draw money in Padang, the city you fly to.
DO I NEED TRAVEL INSURANCE?
Yes all guests must have travel insurance with an emergency evacuation plan.
WHAT ABOUT MALARIA?
There is no malaria in this area. However, some people still prefer to take malaria tablets when visiting the Mentawais.
IS THERE AN EVACUATION PLAN IN THE CASE OF A TSUNAMI?
Yes. We take this very seriously. Kingfisher resort is registered for all tsunami alerts in the area. In the case of a potential tsunami, everyone will gather in the restaurant and proceed to the hill behind the resort. Kingfisher is located at the base of a 25m hill. A 2m wide path is cleared from the resort all the way up the hill, which makes it easy and quick to get up.